Monday, February 8, 2010

It's my prerogative, so I'm changing my mind

In a previous entry I said I was really excited about going to see Dear John, the movie based on the Nicholas Sparks novel. However, after re-reading the novel last week, I'm not so sure. I won't ruin it for anyone who isn't planning on reading the book and wants to see the movie, but I just wasn't happy with the ending. I'm a hopeless romantic and it just didn't sit right with me. *humph* I sat pouting for a while afterward because I hadn't remembered it ending like that.

It's going to be a rough McFatty Monday week this week. Chris starts his new job today and with both of in a typical routine, it's going to be a big transition of us trying to jumble getting home, cooking dinner and eating, feeding and playing with Derek, trying to relax for a bit, and finding time to work out. I do plan to do it though. We have planned a huge extended family vacay trip to an indoor waterpark March 19th. Therefore, in T-minus 39 days (AHHH) I'll be donning a swimsuit again. This time I don't have the excuse of just birthing a bowling ball, er baby, either like last time we went. Mother fletcher. We're going to try to work out together since both of us managed to add a little weight with our lovely addition.

In other news, I'm honestly not sure whether Derek is going to crawl. The pedi said that some babies don't crawl and just walk. He is quite content to just drag himself around without pushing up on his arms. He does a sort of combination of drag/army crawl. I wouldn't be surprised if he was cruising (standing and pulling himself around) soon though because he wants to hold himself up on the couch/bed. My baby is growing up too fast!!

2 comments:

  1. haha! Well, I feel the same way about Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper. I may eventually watch it tho because I think the ending of the movie may be different from the ending in the book. If the ending stays the same, I will toss tomatoes at the TV.

    A goal is always good when you gotta lose weight...I promised myself bikini this summer (what a hoot!).

    Crawling is for suckas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall cheer you both on to the best of my ability. I'm just hoping I don't gain anymore. LOL.

    ReplyDelete