Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thankful on Thursday

This week has been so long but so short at the same time. So much so that I woke up this morning thinking it was only Wednesday because Monday lasted forever but Tuesday flew by with craziness.

Here are just a few things I'm grateful for today.

1. That I'm alive. I made a big splurge purchase that could have possibly waited but the deal was so great and I don't know if it'll happen again. I was certain the hubs was going to kill me. But I'm so excited about the purchase. Hehe.

2. Derek's been working with his hands a lot and focusing on fine motor skills and he's shown such great improvement. Just in the short few weeks since the initial therapist visit, he's improved much more than I thought he would in such a short time. He is now taking rings off the stacker and stacking them back on. At the visit, he couldn't even grasp them to take them off. YAY! He's also picking up small puzzle pieces. Before the appointment, he couldn't even pick up large knob pieces. I'm so proud of him!

3. Space heaters! Compared to the hubs outdoor work environment, I might as well work in a meat locker. They have my office so cold I wear long sleeves and 2 jackets. Today I borrowed a co-workers space heater. Ahhhhh, I can feel my toes again.

4. My Mom and Mother-in-law. I am eternally grateful that circumstances worked out so they could alternately keep Derek during the week. It was as if it was meant to be. This might be coming to an end but I hope they know how much it has meant to me to know that he was in the most loving hands imaginable and he was so well taken care of.

5. My "Derek flowers" that my Mom made with Derek for me for Mother's Day. It's his hands and feet cut out into "flowers" They sit on my desk and everyday remind me why I bust by butt and answer to the evil boss lady. I treasure them and they can always make me smile.

















What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. A lot of great things to be thankful for my dear! I am happy for you. Now, you can't be so vague about this mystery purchase...sharing is caring.

    ReplyDelete